My birth sessions are documentary style sessions taking place within 48 hours of a baby’s birth. This may include labor, delivery, and/or just after birth (skin-to-skin, breastfeeding, weight, footprints, etc.). While coverage of birthing activity (if desired) is likely, it is subject to my availability on short notice and cannot be 100% guaranteed at this time. Rest assured, that births are my favorite events to photograph and if you want me there, I will do everything I can to be there.
- Starting price $450 (includes 1 hour session minimum within 48 hours of birth)
- Additional coverage and backup photographer available
- Hospital or Home birth environment in the Pensacola area only (includes Perdido, Gulf Breeze proper, and Pace)
- Pre-session coffee date where we will get to know each other and discuss what you may or may not want documented
- A collection of digitally enhanced images, available in a password protected gallery for sharing and digital download (limited time offer)
WORKING WITH ME
ONE: BOOK YOUR BIRTH
Click the button above to contact me and let me know you are interested in booking me for your birth. Once I have confirmed my availability for your due date and you have selected any other sessions you wish to book with me, you will receive a contract and invoice. You are considered booked once your contract is signed and a non-refundable retainer of 25% of your total balance is paid.
* Only want a FRESH 48? If you do not desire photography during labor and delivery, but do want a session before leaving the hospital, please note on the contact form that you only want a FRESH 48
TWO: COFFEE DATE
We will find a time to meet for cup. The main goal of this meeting is to become besties...or at least not strangers. We'll also go over everything: my process, your birth plan and comfort levels, special considerations, and any other questions you might have. If you are planning for a home birth, your midwives will usually encourage anyone attending the birth to also attend the 36 week home visit. This can take the place of our coffee date.
THREE: LABOR DAY
Whenever you believe you might be in labor, you will text me to let me know. If I know of anything that may prevent me from attending your actual birth, I will advise you at this time. Otherwise, continue to update me regularly on your progress. I aim to make my way to you when you are in the transition phase of labor (approximately 6-7 cm dilated).
* If I am unable to arrive in time to capture your labor & delivery, we will schedule a time for a FRESH 48.
FOUR: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I arrive and begin photographing right away. My highest priority is to respect your birth space. I will follow your cues and be whatever you need me to be in that space. I plan to stay for an hour after birth in order to capture vitals and baby with dad or other family.
FIVE: AFTER PARTY
I leave you to soak up all of those sweet newborn moments, while I begin work on your final collection of images. Your fully retouched, high resolution images will be delivered via digital download. They are yours to print and share as you please.